Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chef's Table

We already felt like VIPs with Chef Jorg’s visit to our table in the Main Dining Room on Elegant Night. Then we had the pleasure of meeting him again during the Behind the Fun Tour earlier and he acknowledged us and our Chef’s Table reservation for later in the evening. Chef Jorg also spotted us at the Lido Buffet as we were getting lunch and reminded us not to eat too much because he had a special meal planned for us. Wow, that’s special!



We all met at the Atrium Bar - our home away from home - and at 6:15 p.m. Chef Jorg came to whisk us away for an evening we soon wouldn’t forget.


Want to feel like a VIP AND a Celebrity?

Simple, just participate in the Behind the Fun Tour prior to Chef’s Table!

The Chef’s Table experience began in the Galley with Chef Jorg giving us a tour and enticing our palettes with Starters and Champagne. Because we had been there earlier in the day, Chef Jorg made it a point to confirm with Rod everything he was saying, including asking him if the food was to his liking. Well, by the end of this (as well as throughout dinner) some of the other participants were convinced hubby was some kind of food critic. Yes, we were VIPs among the VIPs ... LOL!


No Seafood ... No Problem!

As I mentioned earlier, I don’t care for seafood and Chef Jorg made sure not a stitch of it came my way. We were seated at a beautifully set table in the Blue Riband Library ... the boys on one side and the girls on the other. At our place setting was a Place Card and a Menu Scroll.


I unscrolled my menu and got a peek at the tantalizing dishes I would be eating that evening. Yummy! There wasn’t a piece of fish anywhere. I had already eaten a substitute dish as a Starter. The Tomato Mozzarella was delicious. But, now I spotted my other substitutes. In place of Fried Calamari I would be eating Fried Vegetable Tempura (delicious!) and in place of Filet of Chilean Sea Bass I would be eating Roasted Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast (again, delicious!).












The regular menu is quite spectacular and I believe hubby enjoyed his seafood dishes a lot. I do have to say that probably the best dish was the Fire Roasted Tomato and Poblano Chile Bisque ... yummmmmmmy! I didn’t know any one thing could taste that good.














Chef presented each course and there were a number of waiters being very attentive to us all. It was a fun meal and getting to know the people around us helped make the experience even more memorable. Throughout dinner there was free-flowing wine ... watch out for that though, it sneaks up on you! ‘Nuff said. LOL!



So, how was the whole Chef’s Table experience? I will give you hubby (you know, the food critique)'s review, “It was the coolest four hours I have ever spent eating dinner.”

Yes, I am sure we will be reserving Chef’s Table again.

No comments:

Post a Comment