Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 10 - A song you can fall asleep to

30 Day Music Challenge
Click here to see the entire list.

This seems like the perfect place to introduce my infatuation with my boys ... Sammy, Frank and Dean. Their songs are timeless, easy and uncomplicated ... the perfect combination for slumber. Besides, being lulled to sleep by the velvety voices of the Rat Pack is ohhhh, so sweet!



Dean Martin's Everybody Loves Somebody brings me right back to my childhood and memories of my Grandpa Joe. I'm not even really sure why ... though he was tall and thin like Dean, at the time he drank like Dean, he sang to me (When the Red, Red Robin comes bob, bob, bobbin' along) and he definitely made me feel like somebody loved me. So, in the comfort of Dean and Grandpa Joe ... I can easily fall asleep to this tune.

Everybody Love Somebody by Dean Martin




Frank Sinatra is very convincing when he persuades us to take it nice and easy ... in his soft, melodic rhythm with jazzy undertones kind of way. So, even on my most stress-filled days, Frank has the power to calm, relax and tranquilize my way to sleep.

Nice 'n' Easy by Frank Sinatra




On a more whimsical note, Sammy Davis Jr. promises a life filled with sweetness and candy. No matter what type of day I may have, Sammy has a perfect way to end it with a hopeful tomorrow ... "'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good."

The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr.



What song can you fall asleep to?

4 comments:

  1. I love the song Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime.
    When my husband and I go on fishing trips that are 3 nights long,the nights can seem like they are never ending. So as I lay in my bunk thinking about where I am and my imagination is going wild...I have to have something to listen to that will let me forget where I am. So I always listen to my ipod very quietly to the album "The Division Bell" by Pink Floyd. It is so relaxing to me that I that I feel like I'm floating in space rather that floating in a boat in the middle of the ocean. And I drift off to sleep.
    http://www.nutsie.com/album/The%20Division%20Bell/4766053

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great album too ... plus relaxing on the ocean, it doesn't get much better than that! Thank you for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't leave out the best part...catching big fish!!

    ReplyDelete