Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adding femme pizazz to my collection ... my new obsession with Kelly Moore Bags

A girl can never have too many bags, can she?

This past year I have seen a multitude of trendy new camera bags hit the market, offering female photogs fashionable options for hauling their gear in style. I have looked at countless web sites comparing these bags for both function and style. And now I have my eyes set on a Kelly Moore Bag. The B-Hobo to be exact ... in black.

I have my eyes set on a new Kelly Moore Bag.
Now before we go any further, let me set the record straight. I have never been one for fancy, designer purses. So, why is it that I sit here with my heart set on a new Kelly Moore Bag to add to my collection?

In an industry that  appeals to so many women, it has been my experience that while the regular camera bag options are both durable and functional (and I have several) ... many lack that femme pizazz I am sometimes looking for.

Don't get me wrong. Function is a very important factor in adding a camera bag to my collection. After all, if it can't house the lenses, flashes and other gear I want to use then what good is it?

Believe me when I tell you, the B-Hobo, Kelly Moore Bag is the perfect size and styling for what I want it for. Imagine traveling to far-off lands ... or Hawaii ... and trying to combine purse, camera, lenses, passport, maps, etc. into one easily accessible, secure bag without looking like a tourist. Seriously, do I really want to advertise my Canon gear with a 'Canon' emblazoned backpack or (worse yet) National Geographic three-piece matching camera bag set? They just seem to scream ... "Hey, look at me, I'm a photographer and tourist. Take my stuff!" And here is my justification: This cross-body camera bag, that looks like a purse yet acts like a camera bag, will answer all of my traveling needs ... and maybe some closer-to-home photo shoots, as well.

Admittedly, I have a plethora of camera bags ... some may even say *gasp* I have enough. I have large, durable bags that will hold all of my gear when necessary. I have smaller, dependable bags that I can schlep through the mountains with. I also have a bag that's perfect for a light day shoot or even walking around the local park. In essence, I have many bags to suit different terrains, different shoots ... and even different moods I may be in.

But, then again ... a girl can never have too many bags, can she?

Check out the Kelly Moore Bags at www.kellymoorebag.com to see the different styles and their functionality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment